#no one caaaaaaaaaaaaaaares. pft.
Working on new commission info. Commissions will be back open by next week with some edited prices and also possibly a Facebook profile! (Don’t look at my commission page info until then, it’s unfinished and I didn’t bring my computer to work on it.)
#not my art
I just recently went over 100 followers on this site, so I’d like to give a HUGE thank you to all of you guys. You’re all wonderful, seriously, thank you all for putting up with me
YEEEEEEE MY BB GOT HER FIRST 100
CONGRATULATORY REBLOG AND SIGNAL BOOOOOST CAUSE YOU DESERVE IT AND EVERYONE OUGHT TO CHECK YOUR WORK OUT.
Surprise third giveaway prize! Well, surprise to everyone save for the person its’ for, haha. Cannot be sorry enough for how late this is.. Hope you like it! Don’t draw fire or dragons near as much as I would like to. I need to change that.
#SPECIALLY FOR MY DOGLOCK CHARACTERS PLEASE.
I’m gonna answer either some of those questions (the ones you guys send me) or all of them (because if no one sends me any I’m not gonna ignore numbers, don’t want them to feel left out!). SO YOUR CHOICE.
Any of them. You can look through the “my ocs” tag or ask about my DogLock characters (they are all named after Sherlock.Holmes characters) or just describe them; you don’t even have to know their name. I need an excuse to ramble. If you do I’ll love you forever.
kinda sorta worldbuilding wednesday related, why not
#world building meme
I made one of those sets of character questions because of reasons (reasons like “I think many of the question sets circulating are kind of irrelevant, and I’m just snotty enough to think I can do better”). If anybody would find it fun or useful, feel free to reblog it as an askbox meme or just fill it out like a questionnaire or whatever.
- What makes them happy? What do they think would make them happy?
- How do they feel about their appearance?
- What would their ideal friend be like? (Have they had any luck finding such a person?)
- What kind of people do they hate?
- What offenses do they think are unforgivable? (Or IS anything guaranteed unforgivable)
- How well do they keep promises or commitments? Do they expect the same of others?
- How long does it take them to warm up to people?
- Do they keep any important rituals or routines?
- When distressed, do they seek solitude or support from others?
- If someone comes to them with a problem, how do they respond? (Advice? Sympathy? Taking it into their own hands? Blowing it off completely?) How does this it vary based on who’s asking?
- How do they feel about physical contact? What are their personal space requirements?
- What do they do to relax? (What if they’re prevented from doing that thing?)
- What do they get excited about?
- What do they consider the area of their expertise? (Are they right about that?)
- What are their blind spots or biases? (Do they know about them?)
- How active is their imagination? (Do they use it to advantage? Does it tend to run off with them?)
- How good are they at reading other people?
- How easy or difficult is it for other people to read them?
- How comfortable are they with animals (pets, other domesticated beasts, wild animals)?
- To what extent are they concerned with other people? Do they tend to serve others, protect their own, or only look out for number one? (In other words, is their priority “you,” “us,” or “me”?)
- Do they enjoy challenges or avoid them? In what areas?
- How well do they deal with injuries or ailments?
- What qualities do they most want to be associated with? What’s the highest compliment anyone could pay them? The gravest insult?
- How comfortable are they with being the center of attention? Do they want recognition for their works? (Can they even take a compliment in the first place?)
- How willing are they to take risks? What factors might affect their decisions on that front?
- How competitive are they? Do they expect to win or think they’re going to lose? Can they take either outcome gracefully?
- How much do they care about etiquette, politesse, propriety? Do they have the same standards for themself as for other people?
- Do they guard personal information closely, or is it all free for the asking? Is there something they would never tell anyone?
- Do they assign more weight to actions or words?
- How decisive are they? What do they do if they have trouble making a decision?
Does commissions cost money?
Different artists charge different prices, but a commission, by definition, is paid work.
#my ocs: ralph
This was both fun and difficult. I tried to copy it as close as possible but by the time I was half through the background I sort of gave in, haha. I layered the pics over each other every now and then to make sure I was getting the distance and proportions right but that got a bit messed up too, but I’m still pretty proud of it! ;w;
I don't know about donations but I'm pretty sure SmackJeeves has a nice set up for comic people
That was actually the first place I considered! Though unless you have a paid membership you don’t have much access to its features, such as higher resolution images. They limit things in hopes you’ll subscribe a full membership. ;v; That, and it doesn’t have a mobile app feature. It seems a bit outdated (though since I only read one comic on the site I’m not sure how many people are still using it?) and it doesn’t have a mobile app like Taptastic does, so tap actually could reach a wider viewership and looks a bit more organized over all. The style on Smack, to me at least, seems very cluttered. Even though you can edit your comic’s page the overall use of it just doesn’t appeal to me as much haha.
Plus, taptastic is the new THING! that everyone is talking about and people will be more likely to make accounts and follow me there. And yes, there’s also the donations/support option which is the closest thing to a steady income you can get when you’re too nervous for a “real” job and spend 90% of your day drawing or on the internet anyways. -w-
That got kind of long oops.